Sunday, March 22, 2009

Family Update

I've been slacking, so I think its time for an update. The kids are doing well. Nobody is sick, knock on wood, and being able to play outside in the fresh air will only continue to help that. Brian is busy with work, and is looking forward to his annual fishing trip w/ his Dad this May. This year they'll be sticking close to home, fishing on Apple Canyon, off our boat. Turkey season is right around the corner, which we are both anxious for. That truly means Spring is here :) We plan to take a trip out to Jerod and Kristen's this April, since the kids and I didn't get to go as planned a few weeks ago. I'm very anxious to visit their growing family! Work is going well for me, as I continue to work on a good balance between it and the responsibilities that go along w/ family and home. Somedays are easier than others, but all in all its going very well :) Avery likes going to the babysitter's house, the days I'm in the office. She is quite the social butterfly, acting like she's 13 rather than 3, w/ some of the comments she makes and looks she gives. Bryton is doing well in school, and returns home every day with very dirty jeans...which sometimes have holes in the knees. He plays hard at recess, which tells me he's a very healthy, typical little 6 yr. old boy! No loose teeth right now, for him. Both kids have grown taller, as their pants are getting too short. Guess its time to do some Spring shopping! Bailey and Jake are doing better w/ listening, especially when Brian is around. When he's not, they know I'm a pushover...and Jake tends to act very naughty :) He is getting better, though, as he gets older and grows out of the puppy phase. And somedays we wonder if Jake's stupidity filters to Bailey...either that, or he's getting old enough that he truly is losing some of his hearing and his eyesight. I think that may be the case :(
The sun is shining today, and the weather is beautiful. Won't be long and we'll be getting shorts and sandals out~ yahooo!

No comments: