Saturday, July 4, 2009

The Good 'Ol Days

Last night on my way home from the lake, I had "Friday Night 80's" on the radio :) The kids were sound asleep in the back, so I allowed my mind to wander back to the days of Madonna, The Bangles, and Def Leppard. Instantly, I thought of my dear friends and childhood neighbors, Amber and Jen...and the great memories I have growing up with them... playing "house" and "store", tag, camping w/ Amber's family, building leaf houses, spending long summer days at the pool, eating rhubarb dipped in sugar, playing at Dodd's Park, riding bikes, and playing barbies. I then thought about our 2 sweet children sleeping in the backseat and the innocence of childhood...it is irreplaceable and sacred.

5 comments:

amber said...

I often think about the good 'ol days too.....I love you Jess and I'm glad that you're my friend! :)

Rife Wife said...

I just wish I hadn't been scared of amber and you during Junior high-you guys weren't that tough :)

amber said...

Kristen...that is HILARIOUS! we were just a bunch of punks with big hair! :)

Nancy said...

I would love to see some of your high school pictures. what do you mean by big hair? I thought that was only in during the 60's.

amber said...

oh Nancy...you know, big hair,"mall bangs", teased, curly hair...Jess will have to show you! :)