Thursday, December 13, 2012

Our Compassionate Son...

Sharing a story/email.... Hi Brian and Jessica, I want to share the story of my delivering Bryton's poster/card to the nurses in the ED. (I know tonight will be crazy with the School program and I want you all to know how touched they were!) When I took it to the nurse's station I told them I was delivering a picture my Grandson drew for them in memory of Jim and the others killed in the crash. Several stopped their work and came over to talk...lots of emotion still for them. They were very touched and wanted to know how old Bryton was--since it was such a good picture! They put the picture up in the Nurse's Station for others to see. Also they told me that Jim's wife was here this morning and she asked them to put together a memory box for her of special "things".... They want to put Bryton's picture in that memory box. I took a few pictures. You can see it posted on the cupboard door. Thanks Bryton...from all the nurses in the Emergency Room...Such a sweet gesture! I have a big hug when I see you! Nana Cheryl Cheryl Rife RN, MSN Director Clinical Quality & Professional Development FHN 1045 West Stephenson Street Freeport, IL 61032 815.599.7747 crife@fhn.org

No comments: