Friday, November 14, 2008

The Little Things

I love it when Avery's little hand holds mine. She is very quick to want to hold it. Bryton, well, he doesn't hold my hand much anymore, especially when we are in public :( So, I treasure the times when he does want to put his little hand in mine ('cause it is still small)...
Just one of the many little things I want to remember, for many years to come... along w/ blowing kisses from the doorway at bedtime; the words "I missed you, Mommy" when Bryton returns home from school; sleepy silly giggles while we are reading books; a hug, a kiss, and a high five (in that order) before climbing up onto the bus; being awakened in the middle of the night by a small, scared voice that wants to tell me all about his bad dream; and reassuring Avery that the sun will come out again, when it is cloudy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, those things are ingrained in your heart and mind forever. Even in with my bad memory, I remember those things vividly :)

Liz Foley said...

AWWWWEEE - you make me cry.