There is a lot of truth to this song...the ironic thing, is that this song, for me, is about Avery's little friend, Ava's, current home at good 'ol 605 Oak St., Lena, IL :)
Ava's mom has offered to take me through a few times....to see what their family has changed. One of these times I just might take her up on it, but I'm not sure if I want to see what has been changed. I have great memories of that house, that I don't want to ever forget.
They are such treasured memories.
(and my brother and I learned to play piano in that house, not guitar :)
http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/the-house-that-built-me-by-miranda-lambert/10aae20d1034e5f572a610aae20d1034e5f572a6-1755713765679
1 comment:
Nice song. I love her voice. Our family moved quite a bit, but every house we were in had a special memory in it. Your kids will have many special memories of the house on Main street as well, even if it is torn down someday. I'll have to listen to more of her songs.
Post a Comment