Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Breakfasts...

Avery prefers main meals for breakfast, I've found out. So, I'm trying to decide if this is OK or not. I'm thinking it is. She'll eat non-breakfast foods, such as fish sticks and green beans for breakfast, a whole lot better than she'll eat cereal, toast, pancakes, oatmeal etc... Since she's eating better now, I don't think I'll pick this battle. I remember a neighbor of ours, when we were little kids, who did this throughout his Jr. High and High School years. I always thought it was strange that his mom would heat him up spaghetti for breakfast. Maybe its just a stage Avery is in, but I'd rather have her eat something than nothing in the morning.
Bryton, on the other hand, loves breakfast foods. Egg McMuffins (made at home), cereal, toast, waffles...you name it, he'll eat it! Usually he eats breakfast at home, and then breakfast again at school...since their breakfast is a little later in the morning.
And then there are the mornings when we are in a hurry, and their early morning breakfast is a few peanut butter or oatmeal cookies and milk :) I count on their vitamins to balance out those mornings!

2 comments:

Rife Wife said...

She needs her Aunties pancakes...only kidding....I say if she eats it, let her have it. What kid did that growing up?

Anonymous said...

Haven't you ever had leftover pizza for breakfast? mmmmm My mom made us waffles with icecream sometimes for supper which we thought was a great treat.