I do feel strange...I don't have an immobile husband; Our house is quiet (the kids return this morning :); The dogs are quiet; My house is clean; Laundry is caught up; and I've already got meat thawing out and thoughts in mind for lunch and dinner today. Wow! I haven't felt this "worry-free" for awhile now!
Brian's surgery was a huge success. They rolled him back to surgery at 1:15 PM on Wednesday, and I got a call from his Dr. at 2:45 saying, "All went well...I took a very large chunk of Brian's disc out, and I think he'll be really pleased when the results once he wakes up." I then let out a huge sigh of relief. I didn't get to see him until 4 PM, when he came out of recovery and got up to his regular room. By that time, he had already been up and gone to the bathroom...and he was starving! By 8:30, he'd been up walking the halls a few times, he'd eaten a good dinner, and he was ready to get out of there! So, they discharged him and we were home by 10 PM or so.
Since then, Brian has been walking with a straight back (haven't seen this for over 3 weeks now), he has no shooting nerve pain going down his rt. leg, and he's just a little sore from where they cut. His incision is only 2 inches long. He's tired, so the anesthesia is still working its way out of his system. He's off his strong pain meds...taking only ibuprofen as needed. Yeah! Life is Good in the Engle household this morning!
2 comments:
Lets hope you can feel this relief for a long time now. No more bad news or hospital visits for a very long time! Thank you Lord for good doctors and being born an American.
Nancy
I am so happy that things went well for Brian! We prayed for him at church on Sunday. Please let me know if there is anything I can do.
Post a Comment