After Avery's Gym and Swim class today, we met some friends for lunch. Avery continued to eat really well...so we stayed there awhile, after our friends left for home. She and I were chatting, and then Avery got quiet. I followed her line of sight, and noticed she was staring at a guy across from us. She asked, "who is dat guy?" I said, "I don't know, but he looks like a nice guy." She said, "I tink dat guy's a teacha." (he had a shirt and tie on) Then she proceeded to smile, flutter her lashes, and pretend like she was talking to him. When she does this, she makes no sound, but moves her mouth like she's talking. Its hilarious. The guy was deep in conversation w/ the girl across from him...so he didn't really notice; either that or he was ignoring us!
As we were driving home, Avery and I were listening to music. She said, "What dat girl on dis radio need?" I asked, "what do you mean?" She repeated herself. As I listened closer to the lyrics of the song, I realized it was a girl singing/whining about lost love. I then said, "I think she's saying she needs love." Avery was quiet for a bit, and then she said, "Like a puppy?! I think dat girl wuv's a puppy."
2 comments:
What an imagination! Wonder what that guy would have thought if he knew what Avery was doing. Can't imagine he would just ignore her. She is too cute for that :) Am I that prejudice? Guess you need to watch what you listen to on the radio. I can't remember Sarah or Brian paying that much attention to lyrics at her age. Then again maybe they did and we warped their little minds with Led Zepplin and Pink Floyd. Poor kids!
Nancy
yes, my mind is forever warped because of my mom and dad's choice of music....finally and excuse!!
Brian
Post a Comment