This week is Fire Prevention Week at Bryton's school. As much as Bryton is infatuated w/ Firetrucks and Fire Stations...you'd think this would be the best week ever for him, right?!
He hopped off the bus yesterday, very excited to tell me all about the Smokehouse, and how he got to go into it w/ a "real Fireman!" I heard about how he practiced escaping from the 2nd floor of the Smokehouse, since this is where he sleeps in his own house. Bryton also taught his sister "stop, drop, and roll."
When I was tucking him into bed last night, the questions started.
"Where are our ladders, outside our windows?"
"If there is a fire in the hallway, how will you get to me? I'm trapped by myself in my room, then."
"How will you get to Avery if there is a fire in the hallway?"
"What roof do I step on, outside my window? Where is Avery's roof, outside her window?"
"Where will we sleep if our house burns?"
"Where will we get a new house?"
And those are only a few of his questions. This is the 3rd year we've dealt w/ Bryton and Fire Prevention Week at school...sooo...I was fairly prepared to answer his questions.
He thinks pretty in-depth about all this, and it worries him.
So, we'll fine-tune our 'family fire plan', practice it with Bryton, and hopefully calm his fears a bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment