Thursday, November 13, 2008

Terrible 3's

And who says the 2's are terrible?! Not me, this week. I've had quite the little bossy, independent, loud, and demanding 3 yr. old on my hands. This example pretty much sums it up:

We were on a walk, just Avery and I, and we walked by a woman who said to Avery, "Oh, aren't you cute!" Avery immediately replied, "I am not cute! I'm a big girl, not a baby!" in her gruff voice. I felt like climbing under a big rock. Thank goodness the lady had a hat covering her ears and had kept on walking down the street, as if she didn't hear what Avery said.

Needless to say...Avery and I have had many heart- to- hearts this week.

3 comments:

Rife Wife said...

It's interesting to me how everyone says the 2s are so bad and now that we are approaching the 3s everyone says those are even worse. Great.

Anonymous said...

Wonder what brought that on. She is so adorable she is probably real tired of people telling her she is cute. I'll remember that!

Liz Foley said...

It is Soooo hard to be three. AND to be so "cute" on top of it - did I mention I would PAY that lady to call me cute?