Monday, February 9, 2009
Car Trips
For as many car trips as our kids have been on, they don't do too bad. Gma and Gpa Engle live a car trip away, so that is our most frequent longer car ride...but otherwise, some of the places they've been to are Florida a few times via the highway; up into the middle of Wisconsin; and Southern IL, IA, and IN. They've never been good sleepers, other than in a bed. So, you guessed it, they are wide awake on our car trips! They look around, asking questions about what they see; they sing songs; play w/ toys; and if its a long trip, they eventually get to watch a DVD (or they start watching one) and play their Leapsters. As they are getting older, Bryton and Avery also pester each other...whether its verbally (calling each other silly names) or physically (pinching). Ahhh...fun times. And as we were on our way home from Gma and Gpa Engle's yesterday afternoon, the song playing on the radio, "It won't be like this for long," summed it all up pretty well :) It's one of Brian's favorites...mine too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=at_lUnFjXg8
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh Jess I love that song...I find myself tearing up every time I hear it and yes it does sum it up!
Ummmm Jess that is Nicole who left that comment...I don't know what I'm doing here.
Post a Comment