Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Elementary School

It never ceases to amaze me how much organized confusion there is at your avg. Elementary School. Doesn't matter which one I'm visiting...Bryton's, or in yesterday's case, River Ridge's. When we arrived, there were kids, kids, kids everywhere (organized in lines walking down the hall, getting off the bus, waiting to use the bathroom or drinking fountain, etc..). I said to my co-worker, "It takes a special person to be a teacher." He agreed...laughing, and said "My 2 kids are enough for me to handle...I could never be a teacher." I think I agree with that...give me 5 whining adults w/ personal and/or work issues anyday...but I just don't have the patience for lots of kids other than those who are nearest and dearest to my heart! Does that make me a bad person??? I sure hope not.
Don't get me wrong, I enjoy visiting school...but the key word is "visit."
And what were the highlights of yesterday?! One particular student, who had so many great detailed questions about what my co-worker does for a living (computer animation is way cooler than HR is :) that he really had him thinking! We told this particular student that he's ready to head straight to college, from the 5th grade :) When I passed out logo'd stickers to all the students, at the end of the program, another student said "I'm going to keep this forever." Awwww...how sweet is that?!
And then my most favorite...as we were walking out, we noticed a little kid who was wearing a shirt that said "I have issues." Hilarious!!!

No comments: