Bryton and Avery continue to prove to me how very different they are. Bryton has been battling a nasty cold for a few days, which started with a fever. I always know when Bryton has a fever because he wants to lay around and his eyes look very, very sleepy. Well, this morning Avery is running a fever as well...but a person would never know it! She's playing, talking, just like the usual Avery. This is the problem I used to have when I'd take her in for her well-baby visits. Her Dr. would take a look at her ears and say, "well, this one looks red...she's got an infection here." And I'd feel like a horrible mother because Avery had given me no clues! When Bryton was little and battled his ear infections, he'd throw up, lose sleep, run very high temps, etc...
Other examples I see daily of how our kids differ (and some of these things have a lot to do w/ the different ages they are at):
* Avery always wants to "go there" when she sees pictures, watches something on TV, or hears about people we've seen or places we've been to. Bryton has always been very content staying home, playing with his toys.
* Bryton has patience when he's working on a "project." Avery gets frustrated and we have to encourage her to stick with it!
* Avery loves to dance and sing for people. Bryton does, too, but it takes him awhile to build up enough courage to do so!
* When things don't go his way, it takes awhile for Bryton's temper to flare. Avery, on the other hand, is very quick to show her horrible temper.
I love that our kids personalities are so different, it adds quite a bit of variety to my day!
No comments:
Post a Comment