Thursday, June 12, 2008

A Little Bribery Goes a Long Way


Avery did a lot better during her swimming lessons on Wednesday. However, I did bribe her w/ lunch at the Splashland Food Court. And guess what? It worked (along with the help of her big brother, who was a "teacher's aide" during swimming lessons)! Nope, I'm not above bribery when the situation calls for it. Bryton was sitting by a friend during the first little bit of Avery's lessons, and he said to her, "We get to go for lunch here if Avery listens to her teachers this morning." Our friend replied, "So, how's it lookin'?!" Bryton's reply was, "Not so good." Obviously he had a vested interest in Avery's performance that particular day, so he gladly got into the water to help out when her teacher asked :)
But this morning Avery says to me, "Swimming wessons (lessons) today? I wike (like) swimming wessons. I wike my teacha." So, we'll see how it goes!

No comments: