This morning started off a bit hairy...the bus came early, to which Bryton and I had to run because his driver was honking her horn in front of our house like a mad woman. Once we reached the bus, she said, "You don't have to run! I'm going to be picking Bryton up earlier than normal from now on, so that we can be at the school a little sooner." I thought to myself, OK, how about a little notice on that change in schedule?! This bus is usually late!
Once Bryton was off, Avery and I headed West. By Stockton, Avery figured out where we were headed. Then she proceeded to cry the rest of the way to her new babysitter's house. This pretty much broke my heart right in half. I tried to distract her, and I succeeded...but the little stinker thinks way too much and kept circling back to our final destination.
We got there, and I had to leave my little girl crying for her "Mommmmyyyy." I told myself, She's only there 2 short days/week...and this is good for both of us. She's in a comfortable environment, her babysitter is a sweet lady, she gets to play w/ her 2 little cousins, and I'm 5 minutes away from her while I'm at work. And it ended up that I was exactly right. When I picked Avery up this afternoon, I found out she had been out of sorts for a short time, and then she did just fine the rest of the day!
When we got Bryton off the school bus this afternoon, Avery quickly reported to him, "Bryton, I went to Teri's house to play today!" When I asked her before bed if she'd like to go again tomorrow, she replied, "Yep!"
Once Bryton was off, Avery and I headed West. By Stockton, Avery figured out where we were headed. Then she proceeded to cry the rest of the way to her new babysitter's house. This pretty much broke my heart right in half. I tried to distract her, and I succeeded...but the little stinker thinks way too much and kept circling back to our final destination.
We got there, and I had to leave my little girl crying for her "Mommmmyyyy." I told myself, She's only there 2 short days/week...and this is good for both of us. She's in a comfortable environment, her babysitter is a sweet lady, she gets to play w/ her 2 little cousins, and I'm 5 minutes away from her while I'm at work. And it ended up that I was exactly right. When I picked Avery up this afternoon, I found out she had been out of sorts for a short time, and then she did just fine the rest of the day!
When we got Bryton off the school bus this afternoon, Avery quickly reported to him, "Bryton, I went to Teri's house to play today!" When I asked her before bed if she'd like to go again tomorrow, she replied, "Yep!"
1 comment:
It is really nice that she is there with her cousins. Knowing the lady makes it easier too. This is probably good for her. Should make starting school easier for her too when the time comes.
Post a Comment