Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Redneck Wedding?

Yesterday morning the radio announcers on the Dubuque radio station were asking each other if anything happened at their weddings that they'd consider a bit "red-neck-ish." This made me think of our wedding, of course, because the men of this particular morning show could come up w/ nothing!
The following events quickly came to mind...
1. my maid of honor hiking her dress up over head, streaking down to the pond because she was simply dared by my college roomates to do this :) (I think it was mostly dark out and there were only a few eye witnesses)
2. another of my bridesmades dancing on the table!
3. running out of beverages at the very end of the night, and my brother walking into the reception with a few cases of said beverages (even though this was against venue policy :)
4. having no "honeymoon suite" available at the end of the night...someone had already been given this room. this someone was my brother, who didn't realize he and his lovely then-fiancee had the honeymoon suite, w/ the heart shaped hot tub. apparently they packed this room w/ many friends that night!
5. one of brian's friends creeping into the hotel the next day, while we were eating breakfast, looking as handsome as he had the night before...because he'd slept outside... by the pond... in the swing...in his suit and tie :)
6. another friend of brian's telling us stories about the night before...and how he and my cousin decided to head west to east dbq., check out the local scenery, and then drive back to Galena. he then couldn't find the room he'd reserved, so he slept in his car.
7. and last but not least..."charles", our interesting "party bus" driver (whom we'd requested in advance). after the wedding, there was no party bus waiting outside the church. it was a plain white van! charles had blown a tire on the way to the wedding, had to turn back around, and pick up that paddy wagon van to bring over :)
...And these are only some of the wonderful memories I have of our wedding :) I wouldn't change any of it for anything!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahhhh yes....number 2....I believe I may have put the scarf to good use too! Good times though Jess. And what about number 2's husband going swimming the next morning with his father-in-law & having to go into the locker room to hurl because he drank so much the night before. Memories! So much fun! Thanks for the laugh Jess! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I thought of another one...number 2 and her husband sharing a room with number 2's parents and then number 2's drunk husband wanting to get "frisky" with number 2 while her parents were in the next bed!

Rife Wife said...

I forgot to comment to this post...ahhh, good times is right. It brings back a lot of memories. I forgot we got your honeymoon suite. It was nice. Trev slept in there that night so I don't know why Osan didn't! I'm laughing about this!!! Too funny!