Saturday, March 22, 2008

Cheap Entertainment


The kids definitely have their "favorites" as far as entertainment goes these days...
Bryton loves LEGO'S, and Avery loves Play-Doh. Each of them will sit and play with their respective favorites for at least a half an hour at a time...sometimes as long as an hour! Times like these are heaven for this Mom!
Brian is a man of many hobbies, but lately he's been chilling and reading a good book. His favorite author right now is Michael Connelly. In the past his imaginative mind has kept busy by oil painting, sketching, wood carving and burning, working on RC planes, shooting his bow...and of course art projects with the kids :) All of these are great hobbies, but its a nice change of pace to see him sitting in the same room with me once in awhile, reading a book w/ his limited free time!
As for me, I continue to love to read when I get a chance to do it. I don't think I have a favorite author right now, but lately I'm a sucker for romance and/or mystery novels....and a good magazine (or two, or ten)!
I suppose these forms of cheap entertainment have helped us keep our sanity over this long winter. Come sunshine, green grass, and warmer temps...we'll be out of doors, but for now its nice staying cozy, doing these things we love!

2 comments:

Rife Wife said...

I need to get Jerod to sit down and read a book-maybe we need to live somewhere cold to keep us in a bit more! It sounds very relaxing.

Anonymous said...

Brian used to love sitting for hours and copying things on paper. He could draw anything he saw. Sarah wouldn't sit down that long!