Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Springtime Fun

The weather is finally beautiful! I guess I didn't realize how much I'd missed waking up to birds chirping, sunshine filled longer days, playing outside, grilling dinner, and later sunsets! I'm anxious to start planting in my flower beds and garden, now that they are cleaned out ...
The kids are loving this nice weather, as well. This morning, Avery woke up at 5:45 and yelled, "Mom, sun coming up! Beautiful day! HAVE TO PEE, MOM!" Had to smile at that one :) Yeah, I'll be getting darker shades for her room. This has been her average wake up time.
Bryton has been falling asleep the second his head hits the pillow at bedtime! Lots of running, jumping, playing ball, etc. w/ friends. We were at a hometown track meet last night, and both kids had a blast running with school friends, and their siblings.
Yesterday , Avery and I were on a walk, and we heard a different sound coming from the trees overhead. Avery asked "what's that sound?" I replied, "I think it is a bird." Avery then says, "pecker bird?!" At closer inspection, she was right...it was a woodpecker!
We are loving Spring!

1 comment:

Rife Wife said...

Doesn't it feel great to have that weather? It just makes one smile! And especially after the winter you all have had. Once you are done with you're flower beds, you can march yourself to VA and take care of mine.