We are approaching the end of the school year, and I still feel like I'm lacking in the "knowing school rules" department. Bryton has had kind of a rough week at school...crying a bit because he wants to be here at home with his sister and I. Why is he doing this? I think its because he's been out of his normal weekly routine these past few weeks. We've had regular visitors here at our house...then Easter break, and then the kids were down and out with strep and ear infections. Don't get me wrong, Bryton loves school, but he also loves home.
So this morning we didn't have any tears when I dropped Bryton off at school. Yeah! 1 PM rolls around, and Bryton jumps off the bus w/ his usual "hi Mom!" When I ask him if he's had a good day...
"Yep! Well, I kind of had a good day." (Bryton)
"Why kind of?" (Jess)
"I cried a little bit, but not because I missed you. I couldn't go play w/ my friends at recess because I didn't have my snowpants. I had to play on the blacktop w/ the girls. All the boys had their snowpants."
Oops! My fault, I packed snow boots (for the mud), but no snowpants. We haven't had snow for a week...and its been in the 40's and 50's...we even hit 60 degrees one day. His teacher is wonderful, and communicates well with me...so I must have missed this rule. Monday he'll be taking all his winter snow gear...even if its 50 or 60 degrees out! Heaven forbid he be stuck on the blacktop, playing w/ the girls again the entire recess!
2 comments:
What are you thinking not packing his snow pants?! I'm sure he'll be begging you someday not to pack his snow pants because he'll want to be with the girlies!!!
She is a real "tough love" kind of teacher. My first reaction was to be upset with her, but she really is teaching the kids responsibility. Maybe Bryton will check his bag on Monday. Now that would tell you he learned something. Bet there were some girls that hope he forgets again :)
Post a Comment