Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Comedy Night at the Engle Dinner Table

Last night we had barbecued ribs for dinner, and as we were eating them Bryton said, "These are so dang good!" I gave him "the look" and said, "Bryton, don't use the word dang."
A few minutes later, while scarfing down her little bites of ribs, Avery says, "These hotdogs are damn good!" Brian and I just about spit out our dinner! I explained to Avery that she shouldn't use the word "damn" and she seemed to understand that it is a "bad word." (she's big into this phrase lately)
After dinner was finished, Bryton got up from the table and decided to touch everything in his path with his greasy BBQ rib hands. Brian reminded him, in his firm voice, to sit down and wait until he is excused from the dinner table. At the end of Brian's command, Avery added "dammit!" This time, Brian and I just about sprayed milk through our noses. Brian told her that was another "bad word" she shouldn't use. Then he asked her who uses that word, and Avery replied, "You." and pointed to her Daddy. Then he asked, "Do you hear Mommy say that word?"
She replied, "No."
Good girl :)

5 comments:

Liz Foley said...

epic

Anonymous said...

You do know that laughing made it worse? Shame on you guys. I can laugh because I am sitting miles away. hahahahaha At least she didn't say gpa!

Anonymous said...

That wasn't supposed to be anonymous!

Nancy

Rife Wife said...

Still laughing at the story!

Anonymous said...

I, for one, would like to know how to make hot dogs that are "damn good"! That is a riot Jess. Loved reading it over my morning coffee.
Pam Goetler