1. Babysitters whom I can trust and feel comfortable with are few and far between...so when I do, its like finding a rare gem! And then when they are either going into or currently in college studying elementary education....I've discovered this is like finding genuine gold! The 2 sitters we've had who fit into this category are so great with our kids. They make my "reading book time" look pathetic (judging by their stack of books read compared to mine) and the "projects" they do w/ Bryton and Avery are exceptional! Today I returned home to painted flower pots filled with plants, complete w/ the kids' names on them :) You can imagine how much fun they had this morning, painting and planting!
2. This morning someone I barely know told me that they can't see me as someone who wears glasses. What does that mean, anyways?! Then they added, "Let me guess...you probably choose to wear them as an accessory, rather than to really help you see...because there are some really cute frames out right now."
Now come on...am I that easy to read?! 'Cause this particular person was dead on in w/ her prediction.
3. Brian is so funny when it comes to talking about certain female things. He uses terms that seem awkward for him (only because he knows there are crude phrases I don't like...those I'd imagine he uses when talking to other guys) and sometimes he'll surprise me with what he really does know! Either that, or he's a good bullshitter. OK, so its probably the latter.
4. When did our little girl start paying attention to the way she looks? Today she was standing in front of the mirror, after getting about an inch cut off her hair a few days ago, and she says, "My hair's not so curly anymore." She's right, today it isn't as curly as normal. But yesterday, it was very curly due to the humidity... Oh, she's growing up. I wish I could put time in slow-motion. (this picture was taken at xmas time of '06)
2. This morning someone I barely know told me that they can't see me as someone who wears glasses. What does that mean, anyways?! Then they added, "Let me guess...you probably choose to wear them as an accessory, rather than to really help you see...because there are some really cute frames out right now."
Now come on...am I that easy to read?! 'Cause this particular person was dead on in w/ her prediction.
3. Brian is so funny when it comes to talking about certain female things. He uses terms that seem awkward for him (only because he knows there are crude phrases I don't like...those I'd imagine he uses when talking to other guys) and sometimes he'll surprise me with what he really does know! Either that, or he's a good bullshitter. OK, so its probably the latter.
4. When did our little girl start paying attention to the way she looks? Today she was standing in front of the mirror, after getting about an inch cut off her hair a few days ago, and she says, "My hair's not so curly anymore." She's right, today it isn't as curly as normal. But yesterday, it was very curly due to the humidity... Oh, she's growing up. I wish I could put time in slow-motion. (this picture was taken at xmas time of '06)
No comments:
Post a Comment