There was a break in the rain last night, so the kids and I went for a walk, enjoying the short-lived 60 degree weather we had. As we were approaching the community library, I asked the kids if they are excited to start story hour this summer. "No" (Bryton") and "Yes" (Avery) were their replies. I explained to Bryton that Avery should be old enough to attend story hour with Bryton this year, and he decided that sounded like a good idea! Then he explained to Avery, "You have GOT to sit criss-cross applesauce at story hour, understand?!"
As some of you know, Bryton shed many tears the past few summers over this easily forgotten rule. His story hour teacher was a real stickler about this...Bryton would be sitting still, but if he was not sitting "criss-cross applesauce" he was very sternly told to sit exactly that way.
Of course I have my own opinion on this rule, as well as his story hour teacher in general... but since it is a good program overall, and it is only one hour/week, we are going to give it a shot again this summer.
1 comment:
who thought of the criss-cross applesauce thing? I don't remember it from my childhood but it seems to have spread like wildfire through that preschool teaching set.
Post a Comment