Sunday, April 6, 2008

Spring Weather is Here!!!

Why is it that when warmer weather finally arrives, we don't spend our entire day doing "fun" stuff outside?! Take this weekend, for instance. We had 60 degree weather, which is warm for us. Brian spent 3/4 of the weekend putting in the invisible boundary for our dogs...and as of last night it is just about finished! The kids and I were outside on Saturday, at the park and in our yard...so I can't complain about that day. But Sunday was church (we have 10 AM mass, so this pushes everything back ), making brunch for my hungry monkies, cleaning up our brunch mess, going to get groceries and such, finishing laundry, making dinner, and getting organized for the week ahead. What should we have done w/ our weekend?! A few ideas: biking on our local bike trail, hiking out at the state park north of town, taking a trip to the driving range, or just plain taking a drive out in the country with no particular destination in mind...

We have all spring and summer to look forward to doing these things, so I shouldn't be so gloomy about our "jobs" getting in the way of having fun :)

4 comments:

Rife Wife said...

When you have good weather, we have icky weather-rainy all weekend here! And the mosquitos are out in full flight!

Theresa said...

bike trail in Lena? so impressed.

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad. We cut wood and burned brush all weekend. Now next weekend it is supposed to be crappy. Oh well, better weather is around the corner.

Anonymous said...

Nancy here! I am the anonymous one but can't leave a message unless I say anonymous. Sorry.