Monday, August 25, 2008

It Went Great!!!

Bryton hopped off the bus this afternoon, and flew right by me and into the house. I tried not to feel too bad about that...no hug, 'til we got inside. He's "Joe Cool" today, but that is OK with me, as long as it isn't over the top and it helps him w/ being away from home during the day. Then, for the next 1/2 hr. I got the full report: what activities they did, who he played with during free choice time and recess, how he cried twice "because his loose teeth hurt....and because he missed me a little bit," how he got to have chocolate milk during snack time, and how he really likes his teacher and his bus driver. From the sounds of it, he enjoyed his first day of school! And he made a new friend on the bus, who gave him his phone number and a High School Musical ring. I'd say it was a good first day for him. Avery and I kept busy today, so we did OK too. She only asked twice where Bryton was. When I'd remind her that he's at school, she'd ask, "I go to school next year?" She's a bit anxious to join her brother on the school bus.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Bryton's first day went well.
I thought about all of the boys today (Bryton, Tavor & Caleb)... first full day!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jess....it's me again, I must have clicked the wrong whatever!

Anonymous said...

I knew he would do just fine. He has been getting ready for school all summer. He just loves being around people. I would imagine you were a little nervous about his first day. Hope he shares his experiences with you for a long long time.