Thursday, August 7, 2008

Mrs. Heim

The Kindergarten Registration was a bit of a madhouse yesterday, but I am extremely happy with the outcome! Bryton has Mrs. Heim for a Kindergarten teacher this year. There are 3 teachers, all of which are very good...but secretly, I was hoping Bryton would get to have Mrs. Heim as his teacher! They will be a good match for each other, I think. She is soft-spoken, excellent with kids, loving, experienced, patient, and respected by both students and teachers at Le-Win. Mrs. Heim didn't teach at the Elementary when I was in school, but she was the children's choir director at our church throughout my childhood. So, Bryton will be picked up here at home by the school bus every morning, and then he'll be dropped off here at home by the school bus every afternoon. He'll be one of the last ones on the school bus in the morning, and one of the first one's off the school bus in the afternoon. I'm hoping that by him riding the bus to school, since he'll be leaving me rather than me leaving him...his separation anxiety will be less. Plus, he loves riding the school bus!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kindergarten will always hold a special place in my heart because that is where I met my dear, dear friend Jessica!
I'm sure Bryton will do very well in Kindergarten!

Anonymous said...

grandma says booboohoohoo He is growing too fast! If he has a bit of anxiety I'm sure Mrs. Heim will help him get over it quickly. I'm glad you like her. That is really important.